By Meredith Fineman
Although they're still a week or so away, the Olympic Games may have crossed your minds. High beam, low beam, balance beam, how all of those gymnasts must have headaches from how tight their hair is pulled back, long jump, high jump, how people run for a living... Too bad pilates isn't in the Olympics. If it were, I'd win a silver, second only to my favorite pilates instructor, Gumby.
But since it's not, we're doing the next best thing—drankin'. Yes, in honor of the Olympics and sports and medals and sweat and tears and London, we've come up with an Olympics-themed drinking game. Because it's fun watching divers do flips, but even better if you're imbibing. Get familiar with the rules now so you can win!
1. Every time an American wins a bronze, take a shot. For a silver—two; a gold—three. If it's Michael Phelps—a bong hit and a bowl of Captain Crunch.
2. Any time anyone does a flip, whether it's in diving, gymnastics or unintentionally, take a sip. Note: if this is with uneven bars and the gymnast is going round and round and round, you have to spin while drinking. Good luck.
3. Every time you see Lolo Jones' six-pack, buy a six-pack.
4. Because it's London, you have to speak with a British accent. If you already have a British accent, you have to speak with an American one. If you have an Australian accent, speak with a New Zealand one, and vice versa. And if you're a guy, find me immediately.
5. Drink consistently if watching any of these events:
Then explain to me what they all are. In a British accent.
To see how much booze you'll need on hand, check out the full schedule of the Olympics here. May we all do our respective country's proud.